Yesterday started out like any other day.. 7am wake up.. get dressed.. do my hair and makeup.. gather my things and head off to work.. arrive a little early and go through my typical morning work routine.. Which includes reading (really browsing) all the major news networks, catching up on emails, and creating my list of to-dos for the day. We had a department meeting (which I was a lot bit apprehensive about)… and in that meeting I began to feel HORRIBLE.

You know, that sudden hot flashes and sweats that have you convinced you’re going to throw up… So, I began praying I would at least make it through the meeting, and thankfully I did. Fairly promptly after the meeting I told my supervisor I was leaving cause I did not feel well, and headed to my car with the windows up (what?!) and my air conditioning blasting (uh oh.. now we know it’s a problem).. I made it home, stripped off my work clothes and plunged in bed to lay there an concentrate on not puking, and falling asleep instead. Which, as long as I did not move at all the nausea was not too horrible. I proceeded to sleep for about two hours before I woke up realizing I was going to be re-visiting what little I had eaten that day (a peach and chocolate covered espresso beans about 6 hours prior). I proceeded to do a first, after puking and cleaning it up (where’s mom like when you’re a kid?!), I laid on the bathroom floor. I have never done that.. ever (that I can remember). But, it seemed like a must for the time, plus the floor was cool. Once I felt like the nausea had passed, I gathered up essentials in case it returned and headed back to bed for more sleep..

All in all I slept from about noon until 7pm (with minor wake up breaks), was up a couple hours, and headed back to bed for some more achy sleep until 7am when I decided I still did not feel up for heading to work, arranged to stay home.. and fell back asleep until noon. Whoa. Apparently I was really toasted.

Today I have had toast, a popsicle, and about 10oz of gingerale.. So far so good.

One of my roomie’s who is a nurse listened to my symptoms and informed me that it just sounds like my body was done and forced me to quit and rest… She pointed out how much I have been going in the last 6 weeks, and said it sounded like my body just needed a break.. So, in an effort to give it a break, I have stayed on the couch pretty much all day toodling around online and getting the last bit of my homework done (before I can be done with this class forever!).

So, apparently today is my forced STOP day…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.