I got new Toms shoes!… Super excited!!
It is no secret to those who know me that I am not really forced into things… “I do what I want” is my mantra.. In fact “I’m Krista Back, I do what I want” is what I have been uttering to people who push me or try and make me do things I do not want to.
Now, this is not to say that I “love” or even “like” everything I do.. in fact a lot of what I do is because I know I have to. There’s responsibility and all those lovely things involved, but the bottom line is they are my choice.Coercing me into things does not work, trying to manipulate me only pisses me off.. and the worst is when someone tries to guilt me into things. It will not work, you will fail, and you will piss me off in the process. Just a friendly FYI for the day.
Don’t force me.
Today is shaping up to be just one of those days..
“I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.” – Psalm 3:5
“Restore to me the joy of Your salvation. And sustain me with a willing spirit.” – Psalm 51:12
“By You I have been sustained from my birth;You are He who took me from my mother’s womb; My praise is continually of You.” – Psalm 71:6
“Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live;And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.” – Psalm 119:116
Clearly I have been a poor blogger recently, and certainly have not kept up with my blog like I wanted to at the beginning of the year, however, life happens sometimes, so I really do not feel all that badly about it.
This weekend was what has turned into the annual Corwin/Katie/Krista Easter Weekend. I love these friends of mine. Corwin was one of my best friends in college, especially the last couple years, and Katie is his beautiful wife that has turned into my friend as well.
I am constantly amazed by their friendship.
Katie could not be a more perfect match for Corwin, and vice versa. I am so blessed that not only do I still feel as important, cared for, and loved by Corwin now as I did in college, but even more so since adding Katie to our group.
I cannot help but wonder/hope/pray that the man I marry will be the perfect 4th edition to our group… But, amazingly I never feel like the third wheel with the two of them. We tell stories, we laugh constantly, tell jokes, talk about Christ, and just do things together. I always leave spending time with them feeling built up, encouraged, and loved.
This weekend we spent Good Friday walking around Alexandria and National Harbor (in the rain). And had Thai food for dinner.. which Corwin was in absolute heaven haha!
Saturday we went to Eastern Market, had some amazing donuts, then walked around DC seeing the sites.. And of course being total goofs.
And, thankfully Corwin carried my heavy purse with all of the jackets for a good portion of the day… One of many reasons I appreciate him and his personality! haha 🙂
Today we went to church, walked to get some food.. then went roller blading for a few hours. We got a little more sun then our just wintered skins can handle, but had an absolute blast.
And… because an Easter post would not be complete without this… If you do not know, today is a celebration because Jesus died on Friday (2,000 years+ ago) and 3 days later, today (Easter Sunday) He came back from the dead unlike anyone ever had before or since. He took my sins and yours, and marked them paid in full. He is my Savior, God, and Lord, and He wants to be yours.
Obviously I have been MIA for a solid week and a half. I wish I could say I was sorry, but let’s be honest.. I am not. I spent a solid week feeling like death, then I have spent the rest of the time slowly getting better.. and making up for all the things that did not get done.. You know, like laundry, emails, homework…
However, in the midst of it all I have had a few cool, interesting, stressful, thought provoking, and engaging moments… Ahh a day in the life of me =P
So instead of explaining every little detail I think I’ll just bullet my catch up items.
- I got my hair cut/trimmed and dyed.. I’m really liking it a lot 🙂
- While my Financial Principles class isn’t as challenging as other classes, the professor is kinda a jerk.
- Shawn McDonald and Jimmy Needham are currently my jam out music at work.
- I sent a care package to a friend in Afghan-land.. I’m excited for him to get it 🙂
- We have done and still have several roomie interviews to do for the spot opening up.
- I got my car fixed while I was home in Lynchburg.. I. Love. My. Lynchburg. Mechanic/Friend! He’s the only mechanic that doesn’t make me want to cry!
- Making up a missed day at the gym with my trainer has made for a very sore and tiring week!
- My best friend from college and his wife are coming to visit this weekend. I’m stoked!
- I was sort of asked out on a date last weekend.
- I had an absolutely fantastic and refreshing weekend with one of my friends who came to visit last weekend!
- Sometimes I forget how much I love dancing.
- Warm weather energizes me.
- I feel better and more fulfilled when I get the chance to do things for people around me.
- Sometimes my supervisor and I “claim” weeks.. and thankfully God always helps those weeks go better!
- Random texts are among some of my favorite things.
- I am still working hard for Hot Body Whoa Summer.. and I’m excited about my results!
- It feels like it’s already June because of my schedule until then…
- My mom, dad, and little sister sent me a card with encouraging scriptures and things written in it. My family amazes me!
- I don’t understand how when I tithe 10% of my income I always seem to have more than enough to do everything!..
- Fake people still grate my nerves.
- I think I might do a compilation list of my Facts of Life from Facebook.. They are not complete yet, but it’s a fun mini project.
- I am so thankful that things are better now then they were a couple weeks ago.
My God is so good.. If you don’t know Him, you should.